Lou Gehrig's Disease In-Home Care
Elderly and Senior individuals who have Lou Gehrig’s Disease, also known as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) suffer from progressing symptoms of muscle weakness, muscle cramps, muscle stiffness, slurred speech, swallowing, speaking and breathing difficulties, incontinence, and in late stages, paralysis. The disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that destroys the motor neurons responsible for relaying signals from your brain, to spine, to muscles.
The progression of ALS makes all areas of daily living difficult. People with Lou Gehrig’s Disease may require assistance getting out of bed or a chair, walking, dressing, showering, maintaining personal hygiene, eating, cooking, reaching for items in cabinets and many other daily tasks.
Compassionate Care for Elders with Lou Gehrig’s Disease
A-1 Domestic Professional Services Inc. is a trusted employment / placement referral agency that matches you with compassionate and experienced in-home caregivers for elderly and senior individuals with Lou Gehrig’s Disease. No matter what level of care you need, we have ALS caregivers available for Full-Time, 24-Hour Care or Part-Time, Hourly Care.
Caregivers Assist with All Activities of Daily Living:
- Personal Hygiene Assistance
- Incontinence Care / Toiletry Assistance
- Medication Reminders
- Mobility / Walking Assistance
- Range of Motion
- Errand Assistance
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housecleaning and Laundry
- Assistance Recovering from Injuries, Accidents or Falls
- Bathing and Tuck-In Services (Certain Areas)
Other Services Available:
- Dementia and Memory Care
- Safety Supervision
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Sundown Syndrome
- After Surgery / Post-Acute Care
- After Stroke Care
- Recovery from Hip or Knee Replacement Surgery
- Bed Sore Treatment and Care
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Cancer Caregiver Support
- Hospice Caregiver Assistance
- Care for Dialysis / Kidney Disease Clients
- Arthritis / Pain Management
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Disabilities and Special Needs
- Low Vision / Hearing Loss Assistance
A-1 Domestic Professional Services Inc. is approved by many Long Term Care Insurance Companies including MetLife Insurance, John Hancock, Bankers’ Life & Casualty, CALPERS, Penn Treaty and the Veteran Administration.
There is also a program from the VA called Aid and Attendance Pension Benefit Program for War Time Veterans. If approved, this program helps pay for Veteran’s home care needs.
Please CALL today for more information on how A-1 Domestic Professional Services Inc. can help you!
Safe, Reliable and Affordable Home Care
We carefully screen all Nurse Aides, Caregivers, Home Health Aides and Personal Care Assistants and review their documentation and references before referring them to families.
All Care Providers Must provide proof of:
- State Registration
- Minimum 2 Years’ Experience
- LiveScan Background Check
- Verifiable References
- Sex Offender Database Check
- Tuberculosis Test
- CPR and 1st Aid Certification
- Completed State Required Training
- Malpractice / Liability Insurance
- Business License as Domestic Professional / Home Care Provider
- Interview with Agency Staff
Personalized schedules and customized Care Plans available:
- Full Time
- Part Time
- 24-Hour / Round-the-Clock
- Short-Term Care
- Long-Term Clients
- Weekdays and Weekends
Call today for help tomorrow!