Compassionate & Respect In-Home Caregivers
If a loved one has recently suffered a stroke, injury or surgery they may require personal services to assist them in dressing, bathing and even walking. Most people want to help a loved one any way they can, but highly personal tasks can become embarrassing and anxiety ridden. Caring for a mother, father, grandmother or grandfather can be uncomfortable or cause injury to the patient depending on the kind of care that the individual now requires.
A-1 Domestic Professional Services Inc. is an employment / placement referral agency and can help your family find the right Caregiver, Personal Care Assistant, Home Health Aide, Certified Nurse Aide, Companion Caregiver for Seniors or Elderly or Home Helper.
Assisting your Parent or Grandparent with highly personal tasks such as bathing, toiletry / incontinence care and dressing can become embarrassing or difficult for a daughter, son or grandchild to help them with. Hiring a professional care provider helps your loved one retain their dignity and comfort while allowing you to continue being their loving family member instead of their “Caregiver”.
Professional Care Providers vs. Family Caregivers
If a loved one has suffered a stroke, undergone surgery or has lost mobility, they may require personal services to assist them with daily tasks such as walking, dressing or bathing. Of course you want to help your loved one but it’s important to consider the risks or becoming their main family caregiver.
If your father is 6’ tall and over 250 pounds and you’re a small framed daughter trying to help him shower, there’s a real risk of him slipping and falling or you can injure yourself. It’s a very unsafe situation, as well as uncomfortable. Even helping your frail mother can cause her anxiety or embarrassment which may lead to her not wanting to maintain her personal hygiene.
A-1 Domestic Professional Services Inc. can help you find a caregiver to provide the personal services your loved one needs, matching the Caregiver’s skills, experience and physical attributes to the needs of your family member. All Caregivers, Home Health Aides, Personal Care Assistants and Nurse Aides must pass our screening process and provide current documentation and references.
Personal Care Services:
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Personal Hygiene / Bathing Assistance
- Incontinence Care / Toiletry Assistance
- Medication Reminders
- Mobility / Walking Assistance
- Range of Motion Exercises
- Safety Supervision and Fall Prevention
- Errand Assistance
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housecleaning and Laundry
- Assistance Recovering from Injuries, Accidents or Falls
- Bathing and Tuck-In Services (Certain Areas)
Medical Condition Care
- After Surgery / Post-Acute Care
- Recovery from Hip or Knee Replacement Surgery
- After Stroke Care
- Dementia and Memory Care
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Sundowner’s Syndrome
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Bed Sore Treatment and Care
- Care for Dialysis / Kidney Disease Clients
- Low Vision / Hearing Loss Assistance
- Arthritis / Pain Management
- Cancer Caregiver Support
- Disabilities and Special Needs
- Hospice Caregiver Assistance
More than Elder Care Services
A-1 Domestic Professional Services Inc. can help with more than elder or senior care. We can help match your family with various types of domestic, in-home care services such as Childcare Services, Home Maker Services and Special Need Care Providers for children or adults.
Types of Care Providers:
- Certified Nurse Aides (CNA)
- Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA)
- Home Helpers
- Personal Care Assistants
- Mother’s Helpers
- Companion Care
- Au Pairs
- Pre-Natal or Post-Partum Caregivers
Call today for more information!
Why Hire from A-1 Domestic Professional Services Inc.?
Our referral and placement agency has provided affordable and compassionate non-medical care since 1991. We serve Los Angeles County, San Gabriel Valley and Orange County residents.
We’re approved by Long Term Care Insurance Companies, Veterans Administration and recommended by many hospitals, doctors, discharge planners and care facility staff.
All Care Providers Must:
- Complete State Registration
- Have Minimum 2 Years’ Experience
- Pass LiveScan Background Check
- Provide Verifiable References
- Clear Sex Offender Database Check
- Provide Recent Tuberculosis Test Results
- Show Current CPR and 1st Aid Certification
- Complete State Required Training
- Have Malpractice / Liability Insurance
- Provide Business License as Domestic Professional / Home Care Provider
- Interview with Agency Staff